- Ship your package in 5 easy steps
- Industry Expertise
- Shipping Tools
- Customs clearance
- International Rules and Regulations
- Fuel Surcharges & E-Invoicing
- How to Pack/Calculate Size & Weight
- Packing your shipment
- Labelling your shipment
TNT's DANGEROUS GOODS POLICY
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR EXPERTISE
As a TNT customer you may not be aware that your shipment contains dangerous goods and here are some examples of day to day items that might contain dangerous goods which you may consider to be harmless.
This is not an exhaustive list and we recommend speaking to TNT customer services if you are concerned about your shipment.
For example, a laptop can be rejected due to the batteries in its power pack, whilst your pallet of perfumes may be a risk because it collectively contains large quantities of alcohol.
If you wish to ship fireworks or party poppers, you will need to contact TNT Special Services to arrange for bespoke transport. TNT will not ship firearms or ammunition under any circumstances.
Should you have any questions about how to ship your hazardous materials or which dangerous goods can be shipped by TNT, don’t hesitate to contact us today on 0800 100 600 or complete the contact form below. Our helpful staff will be happy to assist you and provide you with everything you need to know.
How to Ship your Hazardous Materials Correctly
In order to ship hazardous materials with TNT it is your responsibility to ensure they are in a fit state to do so. This means you need to correctly declare the contents of your shipment, as well as making sure they are properly packed, marked, labelled and have the right documentation. The latter must be in compliance with all regulations applicable in the countries of origin, transit and destination.
What Dangerous Goods can be Shipped by TNT?
TNT can safely ship a variety of different dangerous goods and in some cases can ship hazardous chemicals; they are as follows:
Dangerous goods that we can accept for shipment are:
- Lithium batteries
We offer worldwide delivery of shipments containing lithium batteries and equipment containing lithium batteries.
> Download guidance for shipping lithium batteries
- Biological substances, Category B (UN3373)
To support the healthcare industry, we offer worldwide service for Category B biological substances.
> Download applicable regulations and restrictions
- Dry ice
- Fully regulated dangerous goods (including Radioactive material)
- Dangerous goods in limited quantities
- Dangerous goods in excepted quantities
- Radioactive material
Additional charges for international shipments of dangerous goods:
- Dangerous or hazardous goods - £65
- Dangerous or hazardous goods in limited quantities - £20
- Dangerous or hazardous goods in excepted quantities - £5
- Dry ice - £15
- Lithium Batteries - £5
If you wish to ship dangerous goods or hazardous materials, there are a number of regulations surrounding what can and cannot be transported by TNT. Please browse the list below. If you wish to transport permitted dangerous goods on our network, please either:
- Speak to your account manager to secure approval (which is mandatory) to move these items via the TNT air or road network on a regular basis
- Contact TNT Special Services who may be able to assist for one-off deliveries.